Please close this window once you have finished reading to return back to the competition entry form
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘SAIL TO TASMANIA WITH SPIRIT OF TASMANIA COMPETITION’ (the “Competition”):
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Entry is open only to Australian residents only.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- The Competition is promoted by Places We Go (the “Promoter”). The prize supplier (the “Sponsor”) is TT-Line Company PTY LTD Trading as Spirit of Tasmania ABN 39 061 996 174. Employees of the Promoter and Sponsor and their advertising agencies, subagents, respective employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The Competition opens at 10.00am (AEST) on Sunday 18th August 2019 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 23:59 (AEST) on Sunday 1st September 2019 (the “Closing Date”). The competition may only be entered once by each registered user.
- The Competition consists of a grand prize for the overall best-judged entry submitted during the competition period.
- In order to enter the Competition, entrants are required to go to www.placeswego.com and click through to the Sail to Tasmania with Spirit of Tasmania competition page, and submit, in 25 words or less, why sailing to Tasania on Spirit of Tasmania is such a special experience. The entrant will then be asked to register their details and must fully complete the online entry form to be eligible to win. The entrant must also tick the box to agree to the prize terms and conditions.
- The Winner shall be chosen by a judging panel (the “Panel”) at the discretion of Places We Go. Prize will be awarded to the most original and creative entries as judged by the Panel. The decision is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Third party or bulk entries will not be accepted and entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
- Your entry must not disparage the Promoter or the Sponsors or any other party affiliated with the promotion or administration of the Competition, nor infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, including without limitation, the use of third party copyright. Your entry shall not feature any other person’s intellectual property, reference to competitive products, or comprise of words which are obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, sexually or racially or ethically or religiously insulting, harassing, profane or otherwise unlawful. Places We Go reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes is in breach of this clause.
- By submitting your entry, you warrant that the entry was created solely by you.
- Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any entries not being properly recorded or received. Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem which results in any entries not being properly recorded or received.
- No purchase of any kind is necessary to take part in this competition.
- There is one (1) winner who will receive the following prize package valued at AUD $1,200:
- a) a $1,200 Spirit of Tasmania travel voucher, subject to SPIRIT OF TASMANIA Gift Voucher Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions
- The Winner will be notified on Friday 6th September 2019 by email or phone and published on placeswego.com once contact has been established.
- The Winner shall be initially contacted by telephone and e-mail with further details on how to claim their Prize. The Winners MUST respond within three (3) days of being contacted. If the Winner does not respond within this time, Places We Go reserves the right to select another winner from the remaining eligible entries.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors shall not be liable for any claims or complaints of any nature with respect to the Prize. There is no cash alternative and the Prize is not negotiable, transferable or returnable.
- The Winners agree not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purposes (including the Prize on an internet auction site).
PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY
- Where this Competition is promoted on Facebook or Instagram, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook or Instagram. Entrants are providing their information to Places We Go and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information provided will only be used for purposes as detailed in clause.
- By entering this Competition, Entrants expressly authorise the Promoter and the Sponsor, without further consideration, to transmit, reproduce, communicate and broadcast entries on their and other third party social media channels and websites for the purposes of presenting and promoting the Competition (“Marketing”).
- The Winners agree to take part in any post-Competition publicity at the request of the Promoter and the Sponsors. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to unrestricted use of any post-competition publicity for the Promoter’s and the Sponsors’ own purposes in all activities, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including use on websites and social media channels.
- Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The winners agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organisation.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The winner must, on request by the Promoter, be able to provide evidence, which to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. If a winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or a prize is not utilised, the winner will forfeit the prize and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
- Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of the winner receiving this prize are the sole responsibility of the winner
- The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize sponsors and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its Personal Information Protection (“PIP”) Policy, which can be viewed at https://placeswego.com/privacy/. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoter’s PIP Policy, the Promoter and Sponsors may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. All entries become the property of the Promoter and Sponsors. The Promoter and Sponsors will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia. Whenever the Promoter or Sponsors sends an entrant a marketing communication they will always provide the entrant with an option to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing communications.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, the Sponsors and their associated agencies, and other contractors associated with this Competition, accept no responsibility for prizes, prize information or for documentation lost in transit.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner. The prize winner (and their companions) are responsible for all expenses including but not limited to accommodation, spending money, transport required to get to Spirit of Tasmania ports, transport in Tasmania, transfers, meals, drinks, incidentals, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, insurance, taxes (including departure taxes), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs. Please note this prize does not include any arrangements at your destination in Tasmania.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the Sponsors will be liable for any for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, misadventure, accident, personal injury, death, damage or claim which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with:
any travel connected with the Competition or any prize won;
b. any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the Promoter or the Sponsors , or any person associated with any of them; or
c. any circumstances outside the Promoter’s or the Sponsors’ reasonable control.
- To the extent permitted by law, if for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to any government regulation.
- Information regarding personal data provided in the Entry will be held and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition. The information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms & Conditions or as separately accepted by you.
- Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
- Places We Go reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
SPIRIT OF TASMANIA TRAVEL VOUCHER TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Voucher is valid for two years from the date of issue and will expire at midnight on the date stated on the voucher.
- Voucher amount is in Australian dollars. Gift vouchers cannot be redeemed for cash, are non-transferable and can only be redeemed by the person named on the gift voucher.
- Gift vouchers only apply to direct bookings and cannot be used for travel agent bookings.
- Gift vouchers can only be used to pay for travel on an available Spirit of Tasmania sailing and cannot be used to purchase other goods and services offered by TT-Line Pty Ltd.
- Gift voucher payments are accepted at time of booking and or when paying for an amendment to an existing booking.
- The Gift voucher number must be quoted/entered at the time of payment. Any outstanding difference between the voucher and total cost of booking must be paid at the time of payment.
- Remaining credit on the voucher can be used for subsequent travel but must be redeemed before the voucher expiry date.
- Spirit of Tasmania’s terms and Conditions of Carriage, refund conditions and relevant fare rules apply to bookings made using a Spirit of Tasmania gift voucher.