Once you have read the below terms and conditions, please close this browser window to return to the entry form.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘ULTIMATE AUSTRALIAN BUCKET LIST ADVENTURE COMPETITION’ (the “Competition”):
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Entry is open only to Australian residents only.
- Entrants must be 18 years of age or older.
- The Competition is promoted by Places We Go (the “Promoter”). The prize suppliers (the “Sponsors”) are BIG4 Holiday Parks of Australia Pty Ltd (“BIG4”) ACN 006 437 038, Tourism Northern Territory (“TourismNT”) ABN 17 435 764 236 and Great Southern Rail (“GSR”) ABN 59 079 476 949. Employees of the Promoter and Sponsors and their advertising agencies, subagents, respective employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- The Competition opens at 12.00pm (AEST) on Thursday 8th March 2018 (the “Opening Date”) and closes at 18:00 (AEST) on Thursday 17th May 2018 (the “Closing Date”). The competition may only be entered once by each registered user.
- The Competition consists of a grand prize for the overall best-judged entry submitted during the competition period.
- In order to enter the Competition, entrants are required to go to www.placeswego.com and click through to the Ultimate Australian Bucket List Adventure competition page, and submit, in 25 words or less, why the Red Centre is on their bucket list. The entrant will then be asked to register their details and must fully complete the online entry form to be eligible to win. The entrant must also tick the box to agree to the prize terms and conditions.
- The Winner shall be chosen by a judging panel (the “Panel”) on Friday 25th May 2018 at 10.00am AEST at the discretion of Places We Go. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone and published on placeswego.com once contact has been established. The Winners MUST respond within three (3) days of being contacted. If the Winner does not respond within this time, Places We Go reserves the right to select another winner from the remaining eligible entries. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prize will be awarded to the most original and creative entry as judged by the Panel.
- No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Third party or bulk entries will not be accepted and entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
- Your entry must not disparage the Promoter or the Sponsors or any other party affiliated with the promotion or administration of the Competition, nor infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, including without limitation, the use of third party copyright. Your entry shall not feature any other person’s intellectual property, reference to competitive products, or comprise of words which are obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libellous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, sexually or racially or ethically or religiously insulting, harassing, profane or otherwise unlawful. Places We Go reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes is in breach of this clause.
- By submitting your entry, you warrant that the entry was created solely by you.
- Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any entries not being properly recorded or received. Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem which results in any entries not being properly recorded or received.
- No purchase of any kind is necessary to take part in this competition.
- There is one (1) Major Prize Winner who will receive the following prize package valued at $8,216:
- A $3,000 BIG4 gift card to spend at any BIG4 Holiday Park in Australia, subject to the BIG4 GIFT CARD Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions.
- A $2,500 gift card with Flight Centre Travel Group to spend on flights to the Northern Territory and car rental within the Northern Territory subject to the FLIGHT CENTRE GIFT CARD Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions
- One Gold Service twin cabin on board The Ghan train journey from Alice Springs to Darwin valued at $879 per adult, subject to THE GHAN GOLD SERVICE CABIN Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions
- A 60-minute early morning balloon flight for 2 x adults with Outback Ballooning in Alice Springs valued at $390 per adult, subject to the OUTBACK BALLOONING Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions
- A one-hour sunset camel tour for 2 x adults with Pyndan Camel Tracks in Alice Springs valued at $89 per adult, subject to the PYNDAN CAMEL TRACKS TOUR Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions.
- There are ten (10) Runners Up who will each receive a copy of ‘Australia’s Ultimate Bucket List: The Top 100 Places You Should See In Your Lifetime’ book by Jennifer Adams & Clint Bizzell, published by Hardie Grant valued at $29.99 each
- The Major Prize Winner and Runners Up shall be initially contacted by telephone and e-mail with further details on how to claim their Prize. The Winners MUST respond within three (3) days of being contacted. If the Winners do not respond within this time, Places We Go reserves the right to select another winner from the remaining eligible entries.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors shall not be liable for any claims or complaints of any nature with respect to the Prize. Winners may not choose alternative products, sizes, colours or models. There is no cash alternative and the Prize is not negotiable, transferable or returnable.
- The Winners agree not to sell, offer to sell or use the Prize for any commercial or promotional purposes (including the Prize on an internet auction site).
PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY
- Where this Competition is promoted on Facebook or Instagram, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to Places We Go and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information provided will only be used for purposes as detailed in clause.
- By entering this Competition, Entrants expressly authorise the Promoter and the Sponsors, without further consideration, to transmit, reproduce, communicate and broadcast entries on their and other third party social media channels and websites for the purposes of presenting and promoting the Competition (“Marketing”).
- The Winners agree to take part in any post-Competition publicity at the request of the Promoter and the Sponsors. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to unrestricted use of any post-competition publicity for the Promoter’s and the Sponsors’ own purposes in all activities, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including use on websites and social media channels.
- Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The winners agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any other media or other organization.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The winner must, on request by the Promoter, be able to provide evidence, which to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. If a winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or a prize is not utilised, the winner will forfeit the prize and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
- Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of the winner receiving this prize are the sole responsibility of the winner
- The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize sponsors and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its Personal Information Protection (“PIP”) Policy, which can be viewed at https://placeswego.com/privacy/. In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoter’s PIP Policy, the Promoter and Sponsors may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. All entries become the property of the Promoter and Sponsors. The Promoter and Sponsors will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia. Whenever the Promoter or Sponsors sends an entrant a marketing communication they will always provide the entrant with an option to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing communications.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, the Sponsors and their associated agencies, and other contractors associated with this Competition, accept no responsibility for prizes, prize information or for documentation lost in transit.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions all other expenses become the responsibility of the Major Prize Winner. The prize winner (and their companions) are responsible for all expenses including but not limited to spending money, transport, transfers, meals, drinks, incidentals, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, insurance, taxes (including departure taxes), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the Sponsors will be liable for any for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, misadventure, accident, personal injury, death, damage or claim which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with:
- any travel connected with the Competition or any prize won;
- any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the Promoter or the Sponsors, or any person associated with any of them; or
- any circumstances outside the Promoter’s or the Sponsors’ reasonable control.
- To the extent permitted by law, if for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to any government regulation.
- Information regarding personal data provided in the Entry will be held and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition. The information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms & Conditions or as separately accepted by you.
- Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
- Places We Go reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
BIG4 HOLIDAY PARKS GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Cards or Vouchers are redeemable at any participating BIG4 Holiday Park location. The location of participating BIG4 Holiday Parks may change from time to time and an up-to-date list of the participating parks is available on www.big4.com.au (“Web Site”). Cards or Vouchers can only be used to purchase accommodation and selected other items at BIG4 Holiday Parks (check at each park for details). Redemption for accommodation is subject to availability. Once the Card or Voucher has been redeemed, then the terms and conditions of the relevant park will apply.
- Your Card and/or Voucher must be presented at the time of payment to be redeemed. If your purchase exceeds the remaining amount on your Card or Voucher, you must pay the excess using a different payment method. The Card or Voucher may be used in part or in full, and any remaining balance can be applied towards subsequent purchases.
- Cards or Vouchers cannot be used to obtain cash advances, refunded, on-sold, or redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- Treat your Card or Voucher like cash. If a Card or Voucher is lost, stolen or destroyed, you must advise BIG4 immediately. In such circumstances, BIG4 may cancel and reissue a Card or Voucher provided it is comfortably satisfied that you are the rightful holder of the Card or Voucher, and you are able to provide adequate proof of identity. BIG4 may, at its sole discretion, refuse to replace any Card or Voucher.
- Cards and Vouchers must be redeemed within 24 months of issue (“Validity Period”). Any Card or Voucher not used within the Validity Period will be void and of no value. Any unused value will not be refunded.
- In the event of a query or a dispute in relation to your Card or Voucher, or any accommodation purchased with the Card or Voucher, you can contact BIG4 on 1300 738 044 or in writing at BIG4 Holiday Parks, PO Box 543 Camberwell VIC 3124 or via email at [email protected].
- To the extent permitted by law, BIG4 will not be liable to you for any loss or damage (whether direct or consequential), nor be in default under these Terms & Conditions, for failure to observe or perform any of our obligations under these Terms & Conditions for any reason or cause which could not, with reasonable diligence, be controlled or prevented. These causes include acts of God, acts of nature, acts or omissions of government or their agencies, strikes or other industrial action, fire, flood, storm, riots, power shortages or failures, sudden and unexpected system failure or disruption by war or sabotage, and other acts or omissions of third parties.
- BIG4 Holiday Parks reserves the right to change any of the terms contained in these Terms & Conditions at any time where the change is required:
- To add or remove participating parks and/or where the Card or Voucher may be redeemed;
- To add or remove goods or services which may be purchased with the Card or Voucher;
- For infrastructural, systems, administrative or operational reasons or to prevent the occurrence of fraud or other unlawful or unacceptable conduct;
- To comply with any contract, law, regulation or statute or order or judgment of any court, tribunal or other body having competent jurisdiction; or
- Where we, acting reasonably, consider that it will not be to your detriment.
- Changes to these Terms and Conditions will be available on our Web Site, at participating parks, or by contacting 1300 738 044
FLIGHT CENTRE GIFT CARD TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Gift Cards are redeemable at participating FCTG retail stores located within Australia.
- Unless otherwise stated on the Gift Card, Gift Cards are valid for use within 12 months from the date of issue.
- Gift Cards may only be applied up to the maximum value loaded onto the Gift Card which is unspent at the time of use. Where the cost of purchase exceeds the available balance of the Gift Card, the excess amount must be paid by another payment method.
- Gift Cards are non-refundable.
- Gift Cards may be redeemed in whole or part during the validity period. Where used in part, no change will be given. Any unused balance may be used against future purchases, but will not be refunded or credited when the Gift Card expires.
- Gift Cards cannot be reloaded.
- Gift Cards may not be redeemed or exchanged for cash, traveller’s cheques, cash passports or any other form of currency.
- Gift Cards may not, without the prior written consent of FCTG, be resold or offered for resale at a premium (including via online auction or other unauthorised resale sites) or used for advertising, promotion or other commercial purposes (including competitions and trade promotions) or to enhance the demand for other goods or services. If a Gift Card is sold or used in breach of this condition, FCTG may in its absolute and sole discretion cancel or render invalid the Gift Card without a refund and the Gift Card holder may be refused redemption of the Gift Card. FCTG will take all reasonable steps to notify you of FCTG’s intention to cancel or render invalid a Gift Card within a reasonable time before cancelling or rendering invalid the Gift Card.
- FCTG may cancel or render invalid any Gift Card (including any available balance) which FCTG determines in its absolute and sole discretion was purchased at any time and in any way (including via online auction or other unauthorised resale sites) by fraudulent means. FCTG may cancel any bookings made using any fraudulent Gift Card which may include any non-refundable amounts. FCTG will not be responsible for any costs incurred by you if you purchase or attempt to redeem any fraudulent Gift Card. You acknowledge and agree that you will not be entitled to redeem any available balance on any fraudulent Gift Card and that FCTG will not be obliged to hold such balance on file for you or otherwise redeem or exchange that Gift Card.
- You are responsible for the use and security of your Gift Card. Lost or stolen Gift Cards may not be replaced or refunded. You are liable for all transactions on your Gift Card except those caused by fraud or negligence by FCTG or its employees.
- Defaced, mutilated or altered Gift Cards may not be accepted, replaced or refunded.
- Gift Cards may not be used for payment of credit or retailer accounts.
- The laws of Queensland, Australia apply to these terms and conditions and any disputes arising in relation to them.
- Questions or problems relating to Gift Cards should be directed to FCTG’s Gift Cards department on [email protected] or (03) 9026 3859. Complaints about purchases made with a Gift Card should be resolved directly with the store concerned.
THE GHAN TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prize includes one night aboard The Ghan from Alice Springs to Darwin in a Gold Service twin cabin for two adults, including meals and drinks on board, Off Train Excursion in Katherine, and shuttle bus transfers from Berrimah Terminal in Darwin to selected hotels in the city centre.
- Travel must be taken between November 2018 and February 2019 and is dependent on availability.
- Great Southern Rail will not be held responsible for any delays or missed excursions caused by reasons outside its control.
- To book, please email [email protected] and identify yourself as the Places We Go prize winner.
- Bookings are recommended to be made several months before anticipated travel.
OUTBACK BALLOONING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prize includes a 60-minute early morning balloon flight for 2 x adults with Outback Ballooning in Alice Springs valued at $390 per adult
- Tour is valid for travel between 25 May 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Terms and Conditions:
- Booking to be made through Tourism NT, by emailing [email protected], to receive a voucher confirming your booking.
- Physical fitness is not a requirement to enjoy a ballooning adventure but passengers must be able to climb up and in (there are foot holes) and stand for the duration of the flight (with secure high sides to lean on) as there are no seats in the basket.
- Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) rules and regulations and Outback Ballooning’s policy prevent us from flying women who are over 12 weeks pregnant. Pregnancy must be advised in advance.
- Illness and/or recent operations that may affect the person or other persons on the tour must be notified to Outback Ballooning in advance. Medication should be brought on the tour.
- The packing up tasks at the end of the flight are optional and we would appreciate your assistance in these enjoyable activities.
- However, they do involve some lifting and participation is entirely voluntary. Passengers that are less able bodied are invited to stand back and take photos. Persons with medical conditions participating in the balloon flight and pack up activities do so at their own risk.
- Any form of disablement must be discussed with Outback Ballooning prior to making a booking. Each person is considered on an individual basis. The flight and carriage of any passenger will take place at the pilot’s discretion.
- Weather Conditions – Safety is our primary concern and if we are prevented from flying due to unsuitable weather conditions, passengers may either re-book for another day or receive a full refund. The pilot’s decision with regard to flying conditions is final.
- Where possible, the balloon flight should always be booked for the first available day in the area to allow for re-booking in case of bad weather.
- Depending on many operational factors, which vary each day, passengers may be on the ground or in the balloon when the sun is actually coming over the horizon or rising, either way they will still see an amazing dawn.
PYNDAN CAMEL TRACKS TOUR TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- Prize includes a one-hour sunset camel tour for 2 x adults with Pyndan Camel Tracks in Alice Springs valued at $89 per adult
- Tour is valid for travel between 25 May 2018 and 30 June 2019
- Terms and Conditions:
- Booking to be made through Tourism NT, by emailing [email protected], to receive a voucher confirming your booking.
- Your Voucher must be presented at the time of travel to be redeemed. If your purchase exceeds the remaining amount on your Voucher, you must pay the excess using a different payment method.
- The Voucher must be used in full, as no change will be provided.
- Vouchers can not be used to obtain cash advances, refunded, on-sold, or redeemed or exchanged for cash.
- If a Voucher is lost, stolen or destroyed, you must advise Pyndan Camel Tracks immediately. In such circumstances, Pyndan Camel Tracks may cancel and reissue a Voucher provided it is comfortably satisfied that you are the rightful holder of the Voucher, and you are able to provide adequate proof of identity.
- Vouchers must be redeemed within the Validity Period of 25 May 2018 to 30 June 2019. Any Card or Voucher not used within the Validity Period will be void and of no value. Any unused value will not be refunded.
- Cancellations made within 7 days of booking arrival date incur a 100% cancellation fee. Cancellations made with more than 7 days notice incur an administration charge of 30% of total booking fee. We encourage our customers to purchase travel insurance to cover any unforeseen circumstances.