Once you have read the below terms and conditions, please close this browser window to return to the entry form.
The following Terms and Conditions apply to the ‘TRAVELMARVEL WIN AN UNFORGETTABLE RAIL JOURNEY THROUGH THE SCOTTISH HIGHLANDS COMPETITION’ (the “Competition”):
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
- Information on how to enter and the prizes form part of these conditions of entry. Entry into the competition is deemed acceptance of the terms and conditions.
- Entry is open to Australian residents only.
- The competition may only be entered once by each registered user.
- The Competition is promoted by Places We Go (the “Promoter”). The Prize Suppliers (the “Sponsors”) are Australian Pacific Touring Pty Ltd (ABN 44 004 684 619). Employees of The Promoters and The Prize Suppliers and their advertising agencies, subagents, respective employees and their immediate families are ineligible to enter.
- Promotion commences Thursday 22nd August 2019 10:00 AEST and closes at 18:00 AEST, Thursday 3rd October 2019.
- To enter, entrants are required to go to www.placeswego.com click through to the “Travelmarvel Win an Unforgettable Rail Journey through the Scottish Highlands” promotion page and in 25 words or less tell us why you would love to experience these iconic Scottish rail journeys with Travelmarvel. The entrant will then be asked to register their details and must fully complete the online entry form, before being eligible to win. The prize will be awarded to the most original and creative entry as judged by our Judging Panel.
- The winner will be selected on Friday 11th October 2019 10:00 AEST at Australian Pacific Touring, Level 4, 1230 Nepean Hwy Cheltenham, VIC, 3192, Australia. Winner will be notified by e-mail or phone. Judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- No entries shall be accepted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date. Third party or bulk entries will not be accepted and entries not in accordance with the entry instructions are invalid.
- Your entry must not disparage the Promoter or the Sponsors or any other party affiliated with the promotion or administration of the Competition, nor infringe the intellectual property rights of any third party, including without limitation, the use of third party copyright. Your entry shall not feature any other person’s intellectual property, reference to competitive products, or comprise of words which are obscene or vulgar, offensive, abusive, harmful, threatening, libelous, defamatory, invasive of another’s privacy, sexually or racially or ethically or religiously insulting, harassing, profane or otherwise unlawful. Places We Go reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any entry that it believes is in breach of this clause.
- By submitting your entry, you warrant that the entry was created solely by you.
- Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any entries not being properly recorded or received. Places We Go does not accept any responsibility for any network congestion, technical failure or other problem which results in any entries not being properly recorded or received.
- No purchase of any kind is necessary to take part in this competition.
- There is one (1) winner who will receive the following prize package valued at up to $11,590*:
- A 9-day ‘Edinburgh, the Highlands and Islands’ Escorted Rail Journey with Travelmarvel (tour code RJTSHS9P) for two people departing between March to October 2020, subject to the TRAVELMARVEL TOUR Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions
- Return international economy airfares for two people subject to the TRAVELMARVEL TOUR Terms and Conditions set out at the end of these terms and conditions
PROMOTION AND PUBLICITY
- Where this Competition is promoted on Facebook or Instagram, it is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook. Entrants are providing their information to Places We Go and not to Facebook or Instagram. The information provided will only be used for purposes as detailed in clause.
- By entering this Competition, Entrants expressly authorise the Promoter and the Sponsors, without further consideration, to transmit, reproduce, communicate and broadcast entries on their and other third party social media channels and websites for the purposes of presenting and promoting the Competition (“Marketing”).
- The Winners agree to take part in any post-Competition publicity at the request of the Promoter and the Sponsors. By entering the Competition, Entrants agree to unrestricted use of any post-competition publicity for the Promoter’s and the Sponsors’ own purposes in all activities, without limitation, marketing and promotional activities worldwide including use on websites and social media channels.
- By entering, you agree that if you are chosen as a prize winner you will allow the Promoters to use your name, photograph, video, voice recording, and general location for their publicity and news purposes during this and any future promotions or advertising.
- The winner agrees to co-operate with the Promoter for publicity purposes and provide blogs / video content and Facebook wall posts prior to, during and post the winning trip. All promotional materials provided in relation to the prize remain the property of the Promoter.
- The decision of the Promoter in relation to the conduct of the Competition and the prize winner is binding and final and the Promoter and the Sponsors will not enter into any correspondence regarding the Competition result.
- Prize is non-transferable, non-refundable, cannot be sold or exchanged for cash and cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer. No responsibility is accepted for any variation in the value of the prize.
- The winners agree they will not sell or otherwise provide their story and/or photographs to any media or other organization.
- If the prize (or part of the prize) is unavailable, the Promoter, in its discretion, reserves the right to substitute the prize (or that part of the prize) with a prize to the equal value and/or specification, subject to any written directions from a regulatory authority.
- The winner must, on request by the Promoter, be able to provide evidence, which to the reasonable satisfaction of the Promoter, demonstrates that the winner is an eligible entrant and has complied with these Terms and Conditions.
- The prize must be taken as stated and no compensation will be payable if a winner is unable to use the prize as stated. If a winner is unable to satisfy these terms and conditions or a prize is not utilised, the winner will forfeit the prize and cash will not be awarded in lieu.
- Any taxes (other than GST, if any) which may be payable as a consequence of the winner receiving this prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
- The Promoter collects personal information (“PI”) in order to conduct the promotion and may, for this purpose, disclose such PI to third parties, including but not limited to agents, contractors, service providers, prize sponsors and, as required, to Australian regulatory authorities. Entry is conditional on providing this PI. The Promoter will also use and handle PI as set out in its Personal Information Protection (“PIP”) Policy, which can be viewed at http://placeswego.com/privacy/ . In addition to any use that may be outlined in the Promoter’s PIP Policy, the Promoter and Sponsors may, for an indefinite period, unless otherwise advised, use the PI for promotional, marketing, publicity, research and profiling purposes, including sending electronic messages or telephoning the entrant. All entries become the property of the Promoter and Sponsors. The Promoter and Sponsors will not disclose entrant’s personal information to any entity outside of Australia. Whenever the Promoter or Sponsors sends an entrant a marketing communication they will always provide the entrant with an option to unsubscribe from receiving future marketing communications.
- To the extent permitted by law, the Promoter, the Sponsors and their associated agencies, and other contractors associated with this Competition, accept no responsibility for prizes, prize information or for documentation lost in transit.
- Unless expressly stated in these terms and conditions and the tour itinerary all other expenses become the responsibility of the winner and their companion including but not limited to domestic flights to meet international flights, spending money, transport, transfers, meals, drinks, incidentals, laundry, room service, telephone calls, activities, insurance, taxes (including departure taxes), energy surcharges, gratuities, services charges and all other ancillary costs.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors accept no responsibility for any tax implications that may arise from the prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought.
- The Promoter and the Sponsors make no representation as to the safety, conditions or other issues that may exist at any destination.
- To the extent permitted by law, neither the Promoter nor the Sponsors will be liable for any for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, misadventure, accident, personal injury, death, damage or claim which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence) in connection with:
any travel connected with the Competition or any prize won;
b. any act or omission (whether negligent or not) of the Promoter or the Sponsors , or any person associated with any of them; or
c. any circumstances outside the Promoter’s or the Sponsors’ reasonable control.
- To the extent permitted by law, if for any reason this Competition is not capable of running as planned, due to causes beyond the control of the Promoter, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity or proper conduct of this Competition, the Promoter reserves the right in its sole discretion to take any action that may be available to it, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the competition, and recommence it from the start on the same conditions subject to any government regulation.
- Information regarding personal data provided in the Entry will be held and processed in a database for the purpose of managing entry into the Competition. The information will not be used for any other purpose than as stated in these Terms & Conditions or as separately accepted by you.
- Any personal data that you provide will be held and processed in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act 1988.
- Places We Go reserves the right to amend these Terms and Conditions and/or cancel the Competition at its sole discretion.
TRAVELMARVEL TOUR TERMS & CONDITIONS
- The prize is for two people on tour code RJTSHS9P and is based on twin share/double accommodation.
- The Prize must be redeemed for travel between March to October 2020 on the scheduled departure dates only as determined by Travelmarvel. The prize must be booked by 31 December 2019 and is not available during blackout dates, school holidays, embargo periods or high season. No other discounts can be combined with the booking.
- The company reserves the right to offer alternative dates and/or itineraries.
- Prize is not transferable or refundable and must be utilised in one transaction and no cash refund or reimbursement allowed if the cruise is not utilised.
- Some expenses are not included in the prize and will be at your own cost. These include, but are not limited to; meals not specified in the chosen trip itinerary, insurance, any optional tours or activities during free time, tips and items of a personal nature. It is the responsibility of the prizewinner to arrange any visas and ensure passports are valid.
- Once booked, fees will apply if date changes and cancellations are made.
- Prize includes two (2) x adult return economy flights from the winner’s nearest Australian major capital city valued at up to AUD $5,000 (AUD $2,500 per person) including taxes.
- Travel insurance is not included and we recommend you take out travel insurance prior to travel. A good level of health and fitness is required to participate on our holiday packages and we ask you advise any medical conditions at the time of booking.
- The prize winner must accept the terms and conditions as detailed in Travelmarvel’s 2020 Great Rail Journeys brochure.
- Refer to Travelmarvel’s www.travelmarvel.com.au/standard-items/footer/global-footer/general-information-conditions<http://www.travelmarvel.com.au/standard-items/footer/global-footer/general-information-conditions> for full booking conditions.
- Age restrictions apply. The decision for any person under 18 years of age to travel is at the absolute discretion of the management of Travelmarvel. Any minor guest must be accompanied by parent/legal guardian on the trip.
- Prize winner will be issued with a prize letter and instructions about how to redeem the prize from Travelmarvel.
*Total estimated prize value of the prize may fluctuate due to time of year trip is taken, in relation to high and low seasons, and is based on 2020 pricing. The value of this prize, itinerary and inclusions are correct at time of printing and subject to change at any time. Any change to the prize between the publishing date and the date the prize is claimed is not the responsibility of the promoter(s). The value of the prize is correct as at time of printing.