Kids dig barbecued meatballs. And can you blame them? Seasoned meat on a stick, now that’s pretty darn good. Not to mention preparation takes minutes and they’re cooked before you realise they’re even on the hot plate…
The perfect addition to any barbecue; meatballs are easily paired with a simple rocket salad (tossed through a premium olive oil) and served alongside your favourite barbecued meats and veggies!
As they say – once the weather starts heating up, so does the barbie.
- 500 grams of beef or lamb mince
- 1 small onion, finely diced
- ¼ cup finely chopped mint
- 2 tsp finely chopped oregano
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1 egg
- ½ cup crumbled fetta cheese
- ½ cup fine breadcrumbs
- ½ tsp finely grated lemon zest
- Pinch of salt and cracked pepper
- Olive oil (for cooking)
- Packet of wooden skewers
- 1 cup plain natural yoghurt
- 1 handful of finely chopped mint
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Soak 8 wooden skewers in water for 20 minutes prior to use, this will prevent them from catching alight
- Combine all ingredients. Roll tablespoonfuls of the mixture into balls and thread onto skewers.
- Pre heat barbecue, drizzle hot plate with oil
- Once hot, cook skewers for approximately 10 minutes, turning occasionally, or until golden and slightly charred.
- Serve skewers alongside yoghurt dip, and a drizzle of premium olive oil
LEAVE A REPLY