So here it is – our top picks for the year ahead!
- Bathe in Zebedee Springs, Western Australia
A tropical paradise; warm thermal springs surrounded by lush palm trees and rocky formations – Zebedee Springs (located in the El Questro Wilderness Park in the Kimberley) is a hidden gem waiting to be discovered.
2. Drive the Great Ocean Road, Victoria
A 243-kilometre stretch of road that hugs Victoria’s rugged and vast coastline, boasting spectacular views and impressive landmarks – most notably, The Twelve Apostles.
3. Watch the sun rise and set over Uluru, Northern Territory
Located at the heart of Australia’s Red Centre – Ayers Rock is, without question, a national treasure. The ever-changing colours of Uluru capture the attention of locals and tourists alike, particularly at dawn and dusk.
4. Climb the Sydney Harbour Bridge, New South Wales
For the most breathtaking views across Sydney’s iconic harbour and city skyline – there is nothing quite like the experience of climbing one of Australia’s most significant landmarks.
5. Sky dive over the Yarra Valley, Victoria
Look out over the rolling hills of Victoria’s premier Yarra Valley (whilst simultaneously jumping from a light aircraft at 10,000 feet)!
6. Open the mind at Tasmania’s Museum of Old and New Art, Tasmania
Opened in 2011, MONA is home to the private collection of David Walsh (an Australian professional gambler and art collector). Since it’s opening the museum has gained international attention and recognition, introducing both Hobart and Tasmania (as a whole) to the international stage.
7. Explore Melbourne’s Laneway Culture, Victoria
For the best coffee in Australia, get lost amongst the creative vibe and artistic wall art of Melbourne’s laneway culture – the very heart of this sophisticated urban paradise.
8. Stroll Whitehaven Beach in the Whitsundays, Queensland
Arguably Australia’s most spectacular stretch of beach – the sand here is pristine white and water crystal clear – honestly, the place is truly beautiful.
9. Unwind on Lord Howe Island, New South Wales
One of Australia’s best-kept secrets; a lost world of endless charm and strong character – Lord Howe is the epitome of isolated peace. Sporting some of our nations best dive sites, this is the perfect place to switch off and reconnect with your inner being.
10. Eat and drink your way across the Barossa Valley, South Australia
A Mecca for the foodie at heart – the Barossa is both beautiful and home to some of Australia’s best wines.
11. Stroll the historic town of Hahndorf, South Australia
Australia’s oldest surviving German Settlement – Hahndorf’s colourful history and traditional architecture give rise to a story book like quality that will capture the heart of anyone who visits…
12. Visit Kings Park at night and look out over the glistening lights of Perth City, Western Australia
Gosh this place is beautiful, particularly at night. There is just something about the city skyline sparkling against the night sky that puts a smile on my face.
13. Go surfing in Esperance, Western Australia
Some of the best surf beaches in the country!
14. Indulge in the Peninsula Hot Springs by night, Victoria
Perfect in winter when the air is cold yet the mineral springs are hot – the Peninsula Hot Springs are fast becoming an institution on Victorias Mornington Peninsula. And for good reason, they’re utterly divine.
15. Rediscover Canberra
Our nations capital is waiting to be discovered. Often overlooked, do not underestimate the elegant pull of this well designed metropolitan hub.