Barbecued chorizo. Talk to me about yum. This hearty breakfast roll stuffed full of quality, no fuss ingredients is guaranteed to put a smile on just about anyone’s dial.
Brings back memories of long weekends, with friends, in Byron Bay. ‘Brunch’ would be our main meal of the day so we always made it count! We’d kick off with an early morning ocean swim (there’s no better way start to your day), swing via town for our essential caffeine fix and finally wrap back at camp where we would crank the barbie and throw this easy breakfast roll together.
You can be creative as you like – switch out the tomato relish with a chilli chutney, beetroot relish, barbecue or tomato sauce – whatever you want!
Easily sourced produce, camp friendly and a Sunday morning godsend…
- 4 x chorizo sausages
- 8 x slices of aged cheddar cheese
- 2 x cups fresh rocket
- 4 x eggs
- 1 x (small) fresh red chilli, sliced finely
- Tomato relish to serve (or a condiment of your choosing)
- 4 x (small) crusty sour dough baguettes
- 2 x tbsp butter
- Olive oil for cooking
- Preheat barbecue
- Slice chorizo in half, long ways (not all the way through) and splay open
- Oil hot plates and cook chorizo sausage until charred and crispy (approximately 10-15 minutes), turning occasionally
- Fry eggs (to your liking). I prefer sunny-side up! Sprinkle with finely sliced chilli
- Slice open rolls, butter, and spread with relish
- Stuff rolls with a handful of rocket and layer with barbecued chorizo, cheese and fried egg
- Season with salt and pepper
LEAVE A REPLY