Stone fruits are back in season: peaches, nectarines, apricots, plums and cherries! Rich in vitamin A, C and E as well as being a great source of dietary fibre – there is no better snack to dig into throughout the day! So let’s celebrate these seasonal gems, and explore a sweet treat designed for the Aussie barbie… barbecued peaches with marscapone.
Summer is biting into a super ripe peach; having the juice run down your chin, salt water against your skin and sand between your toes… This recipe is perfect for a backyard barbecue or camp stove.
- 8 ripe peaches
- 1 tbsp honey (or rice malt syrup for a fructose free alternative)
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme
- ½ cup double cream
- ½ cup mascarpone
- 1 tbsp icing sugar
- Coconut oil (to brush peaches prior to barbecuing). If you don’t have access to coconut oil, simply use olive or canola oil
- In a small bowl combine mascarpone, icing sugar and cream. Set aside (in fridge) for service
- Pre heat barbecue on medium heat
- Brush cut side of peach halves with oil
- Cook, cut side down, until golden and slightly charred (approximately 3 - 4 minutes). Turn and cook for a further minute.
- Place peach halves on service plate, alongside a good dollop of mascarpone cream; sprinkle with thyme and finish off with a drizzle of honey
LEAVE A REPLY