In the warmer months – this is exactly what I crave – a large bowl of fresh organic ingredients. Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day, and for good reason, as it sets you up for the day ahead! This breakfast bowl is chock full of healthy fats, energy and all round deliciousness! And the best part – it doesn’t require any cooking at all – so its perfect for those long weekends away when you have limited access to cooking facilities!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 1 cup of creamy Greek yoghurt
- ½ cup coconut water
- ½ cup apple juice
- 1 ½ tbsp honey
- 1 ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 cup of mixed berries (I used raspberries and blueberries)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup dried cranberries (or another fruit of your choosing)
- ½ cup walnuts
- 2 tbsp LSA (ground linseed, sunflower seed and almond)
- Fresh strawberries, sliced thin, for service
- Raw honey for service
- Combine oats, yoghurt, coconut water, LSA, cinnamon, apple juice and honey in a bowl.
- Gently fold through mixed berries.
- Cover and soak in the fridge overnight.
- The next morning, divide soaked oats evenly amongst bowls. Top with shredded coconut; dried cranberries, sprinkle with walnuts and finish with fresh strawberries and a small spoonful of raw honey!